Clash of the Comrades
- Speak to Luto Mewrilah in Upper Jeuno for a cutscene.
- You may receive a cutscene that involves someone wishing to write a story about your adventures with your fellow. If you receive this cutscene, travel to Ru'Lude Gardens and speak to Ajahkeem near the Rendezvous Point to quickly finish the quest. This quest is to enable the use of 'Fellow Points', and has nothing to do with the level cap quest. Talk to Luto again to receive the proper cutscene to trigger Clash of the Comrades.
- If Luto Mewrilah will not give you the cutscene, make sure your Signal Pearl is equipped and talk to her again.
- Once you have received the cutscene involving a head-to-head battle with your fellow, head to Qu'Bia Arena in Fei'Yin.
- This is a 10 minute uncapped BCNM solo fight in which you will not lose experience points if you are knocked out while participating.
- All buffs are removed upon entering the BCNM.
- Despite it being uncapped, Automatons are dismissed upon entering. If attempting this fight as Puppetmaster, be sure to Deactivate or have your Activate timer ready before entering.
- TP is reset upon entering the BCNM.
- If you bring Reraise and die outside of aggro range, you can get up and heal. Your NPC does not regen HP.
- Unlike the Maat fight, your fellow will engage you as soon as you are within range. If you come within range, your fellow will not wait for you to make the first move.
- But, like the Maat fight, your fellow will give up at approximately a similar HP percentage.
Your Fellow's Level/Jobs
Your fellow behaves as a character with a main job level of at least 74 and a support job level of 37. This is an uncapped fight, so many advise to play it safe by fighting as a higher level character for an easy win.
Based on the discoveries made here: Clash of the Comrades/Fellow Job, one can deduce that the fellow's job and subjob are based on the player's current job&subjob:
- If your job/subjob is BST, DRG, SMN or PUP, then your Fellow's job/subjob will be Beastmaster.
- If your job/subjob is WAR, DRK, RNG, SAM, NIN or RUN then your Fellow's job/subjob will be Ninja.
- If your job/subjob is MNK, PLD, BRD, BLU, COR, DNC or GEO, then your Fellow's job/subjob will be Paladin.
- If your job/subjob is WHM, BLM, RDM, THF or SCH, then your Fellow's job/subjob will be Red Mage.
- Should a player play as a combination of 2 jobs that would give the Fellow the same job (as in war/nin resulting in nin/nin) , then the Fellow will have a Black Mage sub.
- Read the stories of people who have already attempted or completed this quest:
- Luto Mewrilah (Artisan Bridge, Upper Jeuno)
- As a test of strength, you have agreed to meet your fellow in single combat at the Qu'Bia Arena. Who will emerge victorious in this face-off between friends?