|Meriphataud Mountains (S)||80||1||A, S|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading Gnat Pellets to the ??? at (L-11).
- ??? returns 15 minutes after kill.
- Casts Virus (inflicts Plague) often on random members, regardless of hate.
- Also casts Drain, Aspir, and various Absorb spells on whoever has hate.
- Can Drain for over 1000 damage.
- Uses Blood Weapon once around 35% HP.
- Will use Emetic Discharge regardless of his TP.
- Emetic Discharge absorbs shadows proportional to the amount of negative status effects it is inflicted with. Removes all blink shadows regardless of status effects.
- This includes enfeebles from weapon skills. IE Tachi: Gekko.
- Can be Slept, Bound, and Gravitied.
- Sometimes Sleep will stick constantly, and other times will go on a chain of resists. Be careful!
- Is immune to Repose, Light Shot, and Lullaby.
- Seems to be immune to Silence (failed to stick with Elemental Seal), but Stun is effective.
- Does not link with the surrounding Gnats (they do roam up near the ??? and will aggro), although there are Goblins in the area, and also a Fire Elemental spawns there during fire weather.
- It can quadruple attack many times in a row.
- Typically killed by BLM technique of sleep nuking. (see testimonials)