Blood and Glory
- Talk to Shantotto in Windurst Walls (K-7) who will give you the Pole of Trials and the Weapon Training Guide (key item).
- Use the Pole of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- Weapon Skills performed while under Level Sync will count.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain.
- You cannot create any Lv.3 chains at this point using a staff, unless you have first unlocked Garland of Bliss (SMN), Vidohunir (BLM), or Omniscience (SCH).
- You must accumulate 300 total points.
- You will not earn Weapon Skill Points into unlocking the weapon by participating in Campaign Battles, Besieged, or any other situation where monsters do not directly give experience points.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Windurst Walls and trade the Pole of Trials back to Shantotto, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Ifrit's Cauldron.
- The fastest method by far is to take the Unity Concord warp (level 125). It places you just a little bit north. Otherwise, follow the below:
- Take the East entrance of Ifrit's Cauldron.
- Make a right at the first junction, head past the first Flame Spout, straight through the cave and follow the path around the crater to the drop point at (I-7)/(I-8).
- Enter the cave immediately to your left. Sneak and Invis will be needed the entire time.
- Follow the path until you reach a large room with Bombs, Bats, and Ash Lizards at (H-7).
- Following the maps: Route I - A -> Route II - Drop P -> Route III - M -> Route IV - (H-7)/(I-7)
- Recommend you bring an Ice Cluster along since there is one Flame Spout to in the way; all party members should simultaneously get past the Flame Spout. Trade Ice Clusters to a Flame Spout to temporarily extinguish it. This will speed up your travel.
- Two (2) ???s will be in this room. The one in the middle of the lava bridge will spawn the Skeleton named Cailleach Bheur. (Testimonials)
- A good place for the fight is at the far tunnel, past the 2 ???s. Clear the 2 bats and the bomb if necessary, then pull to the tunnel. You have 5 minutes from each ToD before the enemies start to re-spawn.
- Once Cailleach Bheur has been defeated, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Return to Shantotto for your reward and to complete the quest.