As Thick as Thieves
Note: Everything except the opening cutscene can be done as another job and it does not matter which part is done first, Grappling or Gambling.
- First, speak to Nanaa Mihgo in Windurst Woods at (J-3) for a cutscene and the three key items: Gang Whereabouts Note, First Forged Envelope and Second Forged Envelope.
- Then talk to her two consorts, Cha Lebagta and Bopa Greso who are just south of Nanaa Mihgo at (J-4).
- Head to Sauromugue Champaign and try to climb up the towers to meet one of the thieves. You will need to check a ??? at the base of a tower until Climbpix Highrise spawns. There are 6 towers that are represented by dark dots on the Sauromugue Champaign map.
- (I-10) This last one is on the ledge. It can be reached by:
- going into Garlaige Citadel, passing through the third Banishing Gate and exiting into Sauromugue Champaign
- going to Sauromugue Champaign (S) and using the Cavernous Maw
- transporting to the Survival Guide on the ledge in (J-10)
- If you are unable to get to it, you can wait until the next day and try the 5 other towers.
- The tower that spawns Climbpix Highrise is random, you will get the message "Something has come down from the tower!" when you get the right tower. The character(s) doing the quest need the Grapnel that the goblin drops to reach the thief Linzaza. Clicking the ??? again after defeating the goblin will re-spawn it whether you have the grapnel or not. (Note: Tried in March 2013, the ??? used to spawn the NM may change after each pop, was not able to pop NM again at the same spot after defeating him. --Vyenpakakapaka (talk) 04:55, March 8, 2013 (UTC)) (Note: Confirmed on April 11, 2013 to respawn by clicking the ??? again. --Skorpionkidd 11:30, April 11, 2013)
- Next, go to the tower at (I-7)/(J-7) and trade your Grapnel to the ??? for a cutscene and the key item: First Signed Forged Envelope.
- You will need to un-equip all your equipment so that you're not wearing anything, or You try climbing the wall using the grapnel, but you are too heavy.
- Go to Lower Jeuno and talk to Sniggnix at (H-10) (in the back hallway at Muckvix's Junk Shop). He will play a little game of 'roll-the-dice.' All you have to do is keep rolling against him till you beat him. Then he'll tell you to go to Dangruf Wadi to gamble some more.
- You will need stacks of Gausebit Grass, Rock Salt, and Lizard Eggs (based on luck) for this part. You can buy some of each, or obtain them from the monsters in Dangruf Wadi. There is no set number as to how many you need - it all depends on how lucky you are.
- You now get to gamble against 3 more Goblins. You have to beat them all in a row, without failing on one in between. For example: if you beat the first and second goblin, then lost to the last one, you will have to start over with the first goblin again.
- If you lose to a goblin, try immediately rolling against them a subsequent time. This editor completed THF AF2 for the first time, ever, in June 2016, and found that a complete repeat of all goblins was not necessary. Losing on the 3rd goblin only required a repeat of that goblin.
- Neither zoning nor logging out will clear wins. You can save time by using Escape to make the trip from Grasswix to Eggblix shorter.
- There are a number of geysers found in Dangruf Wadi that you can use to ride up the cliff they're next to. If it seems you've reached a dead-end, look around for a geyser.
- The monster layout of the zone has changed in the years since this quest was created. All areas past the geysers and down the hole drop have level 85+ monsters. Only Goblins aggro, so you'll need Invisible.
- If any of the Goblins rolls an almost-unbeatable number, simply force a disconnect when you are prompted to roll and trade another item for another chance when you reconnect.
- You have to win 3 times to complete this quest. The last roll you do you will win by one.
- Worms and lizards do not agro.
- Each time you roll against a Goblin you have to give them their favorite item. Once you've rolled, win or lose, the item is gone. If you have to roll again, you will need another item. Here are the Goblins' locations and items:
- First: Saltvix
- Item: Rock Salt - Can be obtained or stolen from the Wadi Crabs found at (G-12), (H-12) and (I-12).
- Location: ??? at the western part of the smaller opening at (G-7). The ??? is in (F-7).
- Second: Grasswix
- Item: Gausebit Grass - Can be obtained from the Wadi Hares found at (G-10).
- Location: ??? at (F-4)/(F-5) where the underground tunnel comes out.
- Third: Eggblix
- Item: Lizard Egg - Can be obtained or stolen from the Steam Lizards found at (G-10).
- Location: This is a well hidden one. Go to (F-11). There is a hidden cave entrance through the west wall. Climb up the rock path at the western most side and walk along the wall until you fall through. Follow the tunnel until you reach a hole in the floor. Drop down, being aware that just before you will be a worm. Head south to the corner at (E-12). This is where the ??? for the last goblin is.
- Go to these ??? in the order listed and trade each one their respective item, then roll against them and hope that you win. Keep trying until you've succeeded against all three in a row!
- In this part, you will need to defeat Gambilox Wanderling. It should be noted that Bomb Toss and Goblin Rush will be used a lot by the goblin, particularly after using Mighty Strikes. Lower level characters may want to stay back enough to avoid the AoE damage.
- Once you have the gambling goblins beat, head to (J-3) in Dangruf Wadi. Ride the geyser up the cliff and follow the path until you zone out into North Gustaberg.
- Head to the east and follow the river all the way down to the waterfall (stay on the south side of the river).
- You'll find a ??? down here. Examining it will spawn Gambilox Wanderling.
- After you defeat her, click on the ??? again to get a Regal Die and a cutscene.
- Please note that you will need to fight Gambilox Wanderling for every thief that needs the Regal die.
- Head back to Lower Jeuno and trade your Regal Die to Sniggnix to get the key item: Second Signed Forged Envelope.