|Dynamis - Xarcabard||1||A, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
*Located at H-7. Not fully "active" until the 15 Kindred NMs are defeated. The fragment will not drop unless the demons are slain.
- When pulled, the Animated Spear will spawn 5+ (exact number unknown, but many) Satellite Spears.
- These only share initial aggro hate. The puller can continue to kite these.
- While engaged in the fight, the Animated Spear will speak in say or emotes about its interest in the fight. During this time, it will either grow bored or excited depending on what is done to it.
- After a short period of time has passed, when it has become very bored, it will attempt to Warp out on its own.
- The Animated Spear IS NOT IMMUNE to Stun. It is very resistant to the spell Stun, and still resistant, but not as much to Weapon Skill Stun effects.
- When it is trying to warp itself out, IF those who can use a stun effect WS, such as Tachi: Hobaku or Shoulder Tackle uses those, it is possible that one of the attempts will cause the Animated Spear to be temporarily stunned, thus interrupting its spell casting.
- Before engaging, it is a common practice for all melee to not use their TP until they have 300%. This way, a large amount of damage can be done to the Animated Spear at the start of the battle. This will allow for those who can use a stun WS to have one ready again when the Animated Spear is getting bored.
- If the Animated Spear manages to warp away, you will have to attempt the fight again on a different run.
- The Animated Spear can use the weapon skill Geirskogul.
- Immune to Sleep and Lullaby. Obsolete information needs updating
- As of April 2011 and the "Dynamis Reborn" patch, much of the above info is obsolete.
- Animated Spear is now a forced spawn, the ??? is located at the tower/platform at G-8/9.
- No demon NMs have to be defeated prior to the fight. You don't even need TEs.
- Animated weapons can no longer warp away.
- The fight is done under Confrontation status and a 15 minute time limit is given
- Spawned using a Stellar Goad, which drop from the Satellite Spears around the ???
- Does not spawn any Satellite spears when popped
- Can be spawned multiple times in a single run
- Other than not having to worry about it warping away and not spawning Satellite Spear adds, the Animated Spear fight itself is unchanged. Lv, Resistances, TP move, weaknesses, and annoying shock spikes aftermath are all unchanged.