The Missing Piece
(Redirected from Acquirer of Ancient Arcanum)
- Talk to Alfesar in Rabao (H-7). He needs your help in finding an Ancient tablet fragment in the Quicksand Caves.
- The fragment spawns at one of five randomly chosen locations in the Quicksand Caves.
- Spawnpoints on Map 1: H-6, H-10, E-9
- Spawnpoints on Map 2: D-9, L-11
- To get to the ??? at H-6 (Point 1 on the map), enter the Quicksand Caves from the Eastern Altepa Desert at J-7 (Entrance #1 on the Map). All Anticans aggro to sound.
- You will zone in L-4 on Map 1.
- When you fall down at I-7, be sure you are on the right (west) wall.
- There will be a beetle at the spawn point. (The beetle doesn't aggro.) If the ??? is not there, head out of the caves at D-5. You will exit at H-8 in the Eastern Altepa Desert (Entrance #2 on the Map).
- To reach the other four points, again enter the Quicksand Caves from J-7 in the Eastern Altepa Desert.
- This time drop down at J-7, on the left (east) wall.
- On Map 1 you can check points 2 (E-9) and 3 (H-10).
- If not at either point, drop down at F-10. As you drop down, be sure you are on the east wall. Take Tunnel A.
- Points 4 (D-9) and 5 (L-11) are on Map 2.
- When you find the ???, check it and you will receive the Ancient tablet fragment.
- If more than one person in your party needs the quest, the ??? will disappear once anyone clicks it and will instantly repop in one of the locations (usually a different one, although the same one is possible).
- You might obtain the Antican Tag from a non-related ??? while searching for the proper ???. This item is used to pop Tribunus VII-I and has nothing to do with this quest.
- Return to Alfesar. He will give you the Tablet of Ancient Magic and the Letter from Alfesar.
- Take both items to Charlaimagnat at the cathedral in Northern San d'Oria, M-7. (He is on the lower level at the bottom of the stairs.)
- He asks for you to come back another day because he needs to decipher the tablet. Zone and come back to Charlaimagnat after at least one Earth minute for your reward.