A Jeweler's Lament
- Talk to Wahid in Bastok Markets (S) (J-9) and he will ask for an Aquamarine, a Sunstone and a Jadeite.
- Trade him the stones, and you'll be prompted with a choice in CS.
- He offers you 50,000 gil for all 3 stones.
- "On second thought..."
- Whichever option you choose, you will get a CS.
- Once the CS is over, you get all three gems back.
- Zone out and back. Talk to him again.
- Zone into North Gustaberg (S) for a small CS. You must zone in directly from Bastok Markets (S); warping there will not give you the cutscene.(May have to zone more than once for proper cutscene)
- After this, head to (J-4/J-5 line, south east corner along the wall) (near the entrance to Palborough Mines; be careful as there are goblins around J-5). Against the wall in some bushes examine the ??? for a CS.
- It is possible to get a different cutscene here, one that starts the quest Better Part of Valor. If so, zone back in and out of town again to get the correct one.
- Check the ??? a second time for an Unadorned ring (Key Item).
- Return to Wahid for a CS and multiple choices:
- To show him the Unadorned ring or not to.
- To tell him the bad news or not to.
- Zone then talk to Wahid again for a short CS and your reward. Using Retrace counts as a zone.