From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
Your armoury crate will load out of the following groupings:
- Buffs and TP do not wear upon entry
- The Platoon Scorpions use only the AoE Scorpion specials:
- The ability "Wild Rage" they use gets stronger as they die - by the time there is only 1 left it can hit for up to 600 damage. (A full merited Tarutaru BLU with Cocoon and Protect IV has taken 632 damage while killing the last scorpion)
- Whenever one does an AoE, the others will wake up and do the same AoE if it is close.
- If they are close enough to mimic each others AoE maneuvers they share a small amount of hate.
- Sometimes after an Earth Pounder you see the message "The platoon scorpion's legs are lodged in the rocks!" which indicates that they are bound.
- Sometimes after a Wild Rage you see the message "The platoon scorpion does not have enough energy to attack!" and it stops attacking for about 10 seconds.
- They cannot be feasibly slept after the 3rd or 4th Sleep. Their Sleep resistance increases drastically when only few of them are left. Bind and Gravity are suggested.
- Lullaby is never resisted, but loses about 4 seconds of duration with each cast. By the 9th cast it wears off immediately.
- The Scorpions can resist a Lullaby by a Bard subjob.
- Can be won solo by some jobs and duo by certain job combinations. (see testimonials)
Strategies and Videos