From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
- Baren-Moren, in the Hat shop (South Windurst Waters), will offer you a job walking around town showing off his New Model Hat (key item) he has for sale. Accept the offer and then go around and talk to the NPCs in Windurst Waters. The following NPCs say different things when you talk to them during this quest:
- Bondada at the hat shop (after you talk to a certain number of people)
- Honoi-Gomoi at E-6,7 in the south waters map, he is in a 2-story house you have to go behind and climb up the stairs to get to
- Kenapa-Keppa at the Rhinostery
- Clais near the Rarab's Tail
- Kyume-Romeh in the Timbre Timbers Tavern
- Tosuka-Porika in the east Optistery building
- Pechiru-Mashiru in the east Aurastery building
- Machitata near the residence area
- You must talk to a certain number of NPCs in order to complete this quest with the maximum reward. It is not known how many, but talking to all the NPCs in Windurst Waters definitely works. The eight listed above may be mandatory but are not enough by themselves to give you any reward from the quest.
- Don't leave Windurst Waters before you finish.
- Warning: If you haven't yet begun Babban Ny Mheillea, do NOT talk to Khoto Rokkorah during this quest. If you do, it triggers a cutscene that technically zones you to West Sarutabaruta and back, which counts as leaving Windurst Waters!
- After you have talked to a certain number of NPCs, Bondada will agree to buy a hat when you talk to her again. This does not mean that you have earned the maximum reward, however.
- The more NPCs you talk to, the greater your pay will be in the end, to a maximum of 200 gil and the Windshear Hat.
- Talking to 133 NPC's in Windurst Waters gives the reward of 200 gil and a Windshear Hat.
- To finish the quest talk to Baren-Moren and choose "Hang up your hat" to get your reward.
- Baren-Moren (Hat Shop, South Windurst Waters)
- Advertise Baren-Moren's latest creation by chatting with the local inhabitants of Windurst Waters. He'll pay you according to the number of townsfolk you speak to. But, you are not to leave Windurst Waters before completing the task.