From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
- Steals an enemy's HP, potentially increasing maximum HP. Ineffective against undead.
Spell cost: 37 MP
Spell element: Dark
Magic skill: Dark Magic
- HP drained that exceeds the amount necessary to fully heal the Dark Knight will temporarily boost maximum HP (ineffective against undead).
- Will work against the Hydra Corps (which are classified as a kind of undead) that are located in Dynamis - Beaucedine and Dynamis - Tavnazia.
- Damage and Accuracy of this spell is most highly affected by Dark Magic Skill, and secondly Magic Accuracy.
- Magic Attack Bonus has no measured effect on the potency of Drain.
- The Max HP boost from Drain II will overwrite the Giant's Drink effect during Besieged and Campaign.
- The Max HP boost effect from Drain II will not travel with you through changing zones.
- The Max HP boost from Drain II will NOT override the HP% buff from the Cruor Prospector in Abyssea. Also any damage dealt with Drain II in this case that is over your health will not be shown just like Drain.
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Recast Time: 180 seconds
Resale Price: ~2,565 gil
How to Obtain