From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
- Steals an enemy's HP. Ineffective against undead.
- The message log only displays how much health the caster absorbs. There is no message for the amount of damage dealt, which will be different if the HP absorption heals the caster to full.
- You do not need to have less than 100% HP for Drain to deal damage to the target. Drain will do Dark Elemental damage regardless of the health of its caster.
- Drain can absorb more HP than its target has remaining.
- Will work against the Hydra Corps (which are classified as a kind of undead) that are located in Dynamis - Beaucedine.
- Potency of Drain is most highly affected by Dark Magic Skill.
How to Obtain