From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
- MUST BE LEVEL 71+
- While Thieves, Corsairs, and Dancers may obtain skill level 230 earlier than level 71, Evisceration must be quested once base skill level 230 (without merits) and job level 71 is reached (requires the ability to wield Dagger of Trials).
- You must be on a job that has dagger at the required level to open the quest. Being on another job will not let you open the quest (unless that job can also equip dagger to the required level).
- It is not necessary to begin nor complete the quest Personal Hygiene in order to begin this quest.
- It is possible that an unknown level of Kazham fame may be necessary in order to begin this quest.
- If you have the quest A Question of Taste open you must complete it in order to begin this quest.
- If you have the first part of the A Question of Taste quest open, you only need to complete the first part of that quest to be able to begin this quest.
- If you have the quest Everyone's Grudging active, you might have to complete it before receiving this one.
- The Dagger of Trials must be equipped in the main-weapon slot. Using it in the sub-weapon slot will not remove the latent effect from the dagger.
- You must perform weaponskills and Skillchains on monsters that will award experience points (typically any monster that checks Easy Prey and above).
- The latent is removed when the dagger has accumulated 300 or more points.
- One point is awarded for performing a weaponskill solo, or for opening a Skillchain of any level.
- Two points are awarded for closing a Level 1 Skillchain.
- Three points are awarded for closing a Level 2 Skillchain.
- Five points are awarded for closing a Level 3 Skillchain.
- Only Thieves and Dancers will be able to close a level 3 skillchain via Shark Bite; Bards will need Mordant Rime unlocked in order to close Level 3 skillchains.
- To determine if the latent effect has been lifted from the Dagger of Trials, check to see if the bonuses to elemental resistances have changed since it was equipped. Additionally, this can be done by unequipping the dagger and re-equipping it while watching to see if the latent effect triggers.
- Here are some level 3 Skillchains:
- Using Wild Flourish will not award any points, but using a weaponskill afterwards (such as Shadowstitch for a solo-Fragmentation) will award weaponskill points according to the Skillchain completed (in the case of Wild Flourish + Shadowstitch, three points).
- Weapon Skills performed while under Level Sync will count.
- No weaponskill points are accumulated for performing a weaponskill or Skillchain during a Campaign battle.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have another weaponskill quest unfinished, you must finish that quest or cancel it first before Jakoh Wahcondalo will give you the dagger.
- Jakoh Wahcondalo (Wahcondalo's Residence, Kazham)
- The Chieftainess has come up with a deadly new dagger technique, but needs you to help her devise a way of dodging it. However, you must first complete your training.