From Gamer Escape, the free Final Fantasy XI encyclopedia
|Dynamis - Xarcabard
A = Aggressive; L = Links; S = Detects by Sight; H = Detects by Sound; HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing; JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills;Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
- Located at I-7. Not fully "active" until the 15 Kindred NMs are defeated. The fragment will not drop unless the demons are slain.
- When pulled, the Animated Horn will spawn 5+ (exact number unknown, but many) Satellite Horns.
- These only share initial aggro hate. The puller can continue to kite these.
- While engaged in the fight, the Animated Horn will speak in say or emotes about its interest in the fight. During this time, it will either grow bored or excited depending on what is done to it.
- After a short period of time has passed, when it has become very bored, it will attempt to Warp out on its own.
- The Animated Horn IS NOT IMMUNE to Stun. It is very resistant to the spell Stun, and still resistant, but not as much to Weapon Skill Stun effects.
- When it is trying to warp itself out, if those who can use a stun effect WS, such as Tachi: Hobaku or Shoulder Tackle use those WS. It is possible that one of the attempts will cause the Animated Horn to be temporarily stunned, thus interrupting its spell casting.
- Before engaging, it is a common practice for all melee to not use their TP until they have 300%. This way, a large amount of damage can be done to the Animated Horn at the start of the battle. This will allow for those who can use a stun WS to have one ready again when the Animated Horn is getting bored.
- If the Animated Horn manages to warp away, you will have to attempt the fight again on a different run.
- The Animated Horn can sing a wide variety of Bard songs, including Maiden's Virelai.
- Mysterial Fragment drops 100% of the time if the 15 Notorious Monsters in Dynamis - Xarcabard have already been defeated. It will not drop the item if they have not all been defeated.
- Immune to Sleep and Lullaby.