|Crawlers' Nest (S)
A = Aggressive; L = Links; S = Detects by Sight; H = Detects by Sound; HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing; JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills;Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
- Spawns at (I-7) of map 2 in little room with 2 Puroboros.
- Attacks with high damage, accuracy, and speed.
- Attacks with 100% rate of Triple Attack on every melee turn.
- Hits 75PLD/DNC with 72+47VIT and 626 defense with Protect V and taco for 104-163 damage per hit - easily 400+ damage per melee round.
- Susceptible to Blind, Slow, and Paralyze.
- Is not aggressive, does not aggro sight or sound. Links with Witch Hazels.
- Will repeatedly use Slumber Powder, which resets hate (May lose hate really fast as other NMs in the [S] zones).
- Like all the Notorious Monsters from the Nov. 2009 update, it is immune to Gravity, Sleep, and Bind.
 Historical Background
Derived from Zulu mythology, the Abatwa were tiny humans that could ride ants and hide among the grass. They would only tolerate being seen by children, pregnant women, and magicians, and they were very sensitive about their size. If you met one they would ask where you had seen them from. If you didn't answer that it was from a far away place they would try to kill you.